This service is recommended if you are wanting nothing but the best for your dog, our training is designed to create a well behaved and balanced dog that listening to you regardless of the situation, or what is going on around him/her.
The Board & Train program is great for people who are needing a bit of extra help. Some dogs can be tricky and need some expert help to give them a push in the right direction.
The daily structure consists of:
- 24/7 training, every interaction is training
- Walks through populated areas
- Daily on-leash obedience training
- Off-leash obedience training
- Minor & major behavioral modification
- Re-socializing with other dogs
- Building confidence around other dogs
- Socializing with humans & children.
What training methods do we use?
Each dog is different, and each approach to the training will be slightly different; some dogs may start timid or very insecure, and others very bolshie. We will manipulate the training to suit each dog’s needs to ensure we get the best possible results.
Reward-based training – Used to teach your dog new behaviors, build confidence in your dog, and build a relationship with the handler and create more energy in the dog.
Leash conditioning – Calms dogs, making it easier to work with behavioral issues. It also allows us to correct unwanted behaviors and put boundaries in place through consequences.
Teaching your dog what pressure means is an essential part of re-training, as dogs communicate with one another through pressure, whether it is nipping, mouthing, or ruff & tumbling. Once the dog understands what pressure should mean, you will find your dog copes with stressful situations correctly.
E-collar – The e-collar is an invisible version of the leash, once the dog has been conditioned correctly on a leash we can then layer the remote collar over the commands taught, allowing us to communicate from a distance and with the touch of a button. The other capability is it enables us to transfer the training from one person to the next, making the handover from us to you (the owner) very effective.
During the training period your dog will learn to:
- Walk politely on a leash
- Stay in a position when told
- Wait at doorways
- Come back when called regardless of what is going on around you
- Be calm in the house and kennel
- Walk on a treadmill
- Correctly interact with dogs
- The place command
- Sit, down commands
- Leadership skills, your dog will learn proper pack order with humans eliminating a lot of pushy behavior
Other reasons you may consider this package
- Your dog doesn’t listen
- You struggle to get your dog back
- Your dog escapes your property
- Your dog may be hyperactive & struggle to focus
- Your dog has killed another animal
- Your dog is showing aggression towards other dogs
- Your dog is showing aggression towards people
- Your dog may have separation anxiety
- Your dog may be nervous & anxious in new situations
- Your dog chases things that move, shadows, motorbikes
- Your dog is fearful of new things, new people or sounds
- Your dog is unpredictable
For best possible results it is crucial that you are open and honest with us during your assessment. The more we know the better we can tailor the training. Some aggression cases may an extra week or two, depending on how severe the issue is.
On average per week your dog will receive a total of:
- 8 x 40 minute obedience sessions per week.
- 4 x Structured walks ranging from forest walks to busy areas.
- 5 x Socializing sessions.
- and any extra sessions needed to make ensure we are progressing forward with the training.